Southwest USABook - 2012
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Southwest USA is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike two billion years into the past at the Grand Canyon, soak up the beauty of Airport Mesa, or 'travel the world' on the Vegas Strip; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Southwest USA and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Southwest USA Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 62 local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Outdoors, and Travel with Children
- Coverage of Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, the Grand Canyon, Phoenix, Tucson, Las Vegas, Reno, Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Carlsbad, Salt Lake City, Sedona, Southwestern Colorado, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Southwest USA, our most comprehensive guide to Southwest USA, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Las Vegas? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Las Vegas, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Amy C Balfour, Michael Benanav, Sarah Chandler, Lisa Dunford, and Carolyn McCarthy.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
Lonely Planet Southwest USA is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike two billion years into the past at the Grand Canyon, soak up the beauty of Airport Mesa,or 'travel the world' on the Vegas Strip.
Baker & Taylor
A guide to the region covers national parks and monuments, outdoor activities for every season, accommodation and eating options, shopping advice, and information on Southwestern history, culture, geology, and plant and animal life.