Charts and Graphs
Excel 2013Book - 2013
Provides instructions on using Excel 2013's revamped charting and graphing tools to communicate more clearly, powerfully, and quickly.
Use Excel 2013’s radically revamped charting and graphing tools to communicate more clearly, powerfully, and quickly… so you drive your message home, and get the decisions and actions you’re looking for!
This book reveals data visualization techniques you won’t find anywhere else and shows you how to use Excel 2013 to create designer-quality charts and graphs that stand out from the crowd. It will help you make the most of new features ranging from Power View to Recommended Charts, and instantly share your insights with anyone, anywhere–even on the Web and social networks.
Learning advanced Excel techniques has never been easier. You’ll find simple, step-by-step instructions, real-world
examples and case studies, and more than a dozen YouTube videos, straight from MrExcel!
• Create stunning data visualizations instantly with Excel 2013’s new Recommended Charts
• Use charts to instantly reveal trends, differences, and relationships
• Map your data with Excel 2013, MapPoint, and the new GeoFlow add-in
• Quickly generate combo charts that once required complex, frustrating procedures
• Use sparklines to imbue worksheets with more context and insight
• Highlight and clarify the meaning of data with DataBars, color scales, icon sets, and other conditional formatting tools
• Post charts to Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, directly from Excel
• Build stock charts that help you make smarter investments
• Solve “non-standard” problems such as noncontiguous data or custom data sequences
• Generate new charts automatically with Excel VBA
• Uncover visual tricks that people use to lie with Excel
About MrExcel Library: Every book in the MrExcel Library pinpoints a specific set of crucial Excel tasks
and presents focused skills and examples for performing them rapidly and effectively. Selected by Bill Jelen, Microsoft Excel MVP and mastermind behind the leading Excel solutions website MrExcel.com, these
• Dramatically increase your productivity–saving you 50 hours a year or more
• Present proven, creative strategies for solving real-world problems
• Show you how to get great results, no matter how much data you have
• Help you avoid critical mistakes that even experienced users make
For readers familiar with Excel, Jelen explains how to create charts and graphs with the latest version of Microsoft's spreadsheet software. His topics include customizing charts, creating charts that show trends, creating charts that show difference, creating charts that show relationships, creating a stock analysis chart, advanced chart techniques, creating pivot charts and power view dashboards, presenting Excel data on a map, using SmartArt diagrams and shapes, exporting charts for use outside of Excel, and knowing when someone is lying with a chart. Annotation ©2015 Ringgold, Inc., Portland, OR (protoview.com)