West AfricaBook - 2013
Lonely Planet West Africa is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Experience the culture of Dakar or Marrakesh, visit the gorges and oases of the Sahara, or hiketo paradise on Santo Antao in Cape Verde.
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet West Africa is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Experience the culture of Dakar or Marrakesh, visit the gorges and oases of the Sahara, or hike to paradise on Santo Antao in Cape Verde; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of West Africa and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's West Africa Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, literature, cinema, religion, music, arts, and West African peoples
- Over 90 maps
- Useful features - including Month by Month (annual festival calendar), Itineraries (suggested routes that maximise your time and money), and Peoples of West Africa
- Coverage of Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Cote d'Ivoire, the Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mauritania, Morocco, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet West Africa, our most comprehensive guide to West Africa, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out the relevant Lonely Planet country guides for a comprehensive look at what each country has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Anthony Ham, Jean-Bernard Carillet, Paul Clammer, Jane Cornwell, Emilie Filou, Nana Luckham, Tom Masters, Anja Mutic, Caroline Sieg, Kate Thomas and Vanessa Wruble
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.